Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My jar of thoughts!

I mentioned to Donna, my daughter-in-law that I was running out of ideas for my blog...so she sent me a jar filled with ideas for 5 years.

I've been going through the subjects one by one and I've discovered that it has to come from within myself ... my memories...that surface now and then...and then I'm able to put it into a blog.

Donna went to a lot of bother and thought gathering all this information...and I will use it eventually.  As I was relaxing today getting an acunpuncture treatment, thoughts came rolling through my brain and I was thinking about most of my friends.    They're all getting ready to go to retirement homes because they don't feel they can be on their own any longer.

When I was a child, grandparents lived with their children and that seemed to work out all right.

But at that time there were no retirement homes for the elder folk.   Jeff and Donna do have a special 'hilda' room for me...but I've got to climb some steep steps.  It's all set up for me!

Now these spacious buildings have a beautiful lobby with an enormous chandelier just like on a cruise ship or in a major hotel.  And you feel like you're really entering luxury.

This is all delusional...because eventually you have to go into your little space that you're renting.

Is it possible to make friends with people who also are in the winter of their life....or does everyone live within himself.   If you're very lucky, you can find a buddy, a friend, a confidante.

I guess you can create your own happiness.

Do other folks relive their life like I do...or do they just accept.

It would be interesting to know!   Any thoughts anybody????
Walk With Me While I Age
I hope this poem has the same effect on you as it did on me - then my forwarding it will be worth the effort. Walk with me by the water - worth the read...
A BEAUTIFUL POEM ABOUT GROWING OLDER:
Description:
!cid_4273F613-4BFD-43F8-97E0-B2AF5DA1EE85


Shit...I forgot the words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes its kind of sad years ago grandma and grandpa just went to live with one of their children or child.it was just the thing to do. Now you go to an assisted living or a nursing home. Wonderful if you have taken out that extra insurance when you were younger to take care of this but sadly many of us didn't so we are at the mercy of what we can afford unless our. Children can help out and most
of us wouldn't burden our children with that. So we must stay healthy and active and hope for the best