Sunday, January 6, 2013

Why Gender

When we adopt an adorable puppy, of course, fall in love...except when he chews up the furniture, your shoes  and whatever he can confiscate.

Some of it is cute...some very destructive!    Now what puzzles me is we give our dogs names...but when we call them...we say...here boy...here girl.

Good boy..good girl!   I've been trying to figure out why we do this.    Is it easier for a dog to recognize ...his sex name...rather than the name that was given to him.

I really don't know the answer...and I would love it.

So, if anybody has any suggesestions, I would love hearing from you.    There must be a good ex plantion out there.

1 comment:

virginia said...

i can't speak for anyone but me..i've had many 4 legged companions over the years ..some male some female..i never called them boy or girl..just their name. i don't think dogs know sentences...if you say "come here girl" likely they are responding to the word "come"

i really don't know why you would name a dog, then call it by gender name