Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Eyesore

It's been brought to my attention that my patio roof is white and that shouldn't be.  It must match  the same shade as our units which are a kind of beige.

Now this roof was painted by the chief head of one of the guys who do work like that to earn extra money.   He supplied the paint...that went into the charging of the work.

It bothers me somewhat this infraction on my part will cause a letter to be written to me...a citation....which makes me think I'm not a good citizen.

It makes me believe that this is one of the most important functions of the powers- that- be.

I quiz my mind and wonder why we don't go around to each unit and ask if they have any handguns and would they please turn them over to our local sheriff department.

Or how many cats are living peacefully and lovingly on our premises which is frowned upon.  Or I might add how many dogs are residing at our residences.  Or the number of cars that occupy two parking spaces instead of one so that their car won't be scratched!

Why is this bothering me so???   Because it's so unimportant !   

I know in my heart that we have an excellent board and they are just doing their job....and I thank them for this because there's lots of criticism involved.

This isn't one of them...it just kinda bothers me a little...my roof color that I don't even see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know people were so upset at giving their "homes" a sprucing up. For far too long I have noticed a decline in how people keep up their units. Filthy doors, roofs, Tenants renting right on Nesting Way in Court B that were told to keep the shutters down all year? and they were black. every time we rode past them I cringed. I take pride in my little slice of heaven as I'm sure you do, but unfortunately over the years others havent. I have heard people make comments about their friends wanting to buy here but it looked like we were not keeping up with the place. Now If I chose to sell I certainly would want the people on either side of me to have a fairly clean unit..The past board let this go for far too long, shutters that were white, shutters that had brown stripes, looked ugly. Yet they never did anything about it, unless you were on their "list" when my friend V put her shutters on, one board member didn't have the decency to walk over and speak to her, instead sat down and sent a nasty letter out telling SHE HAD TO HAVE THEM PAINTED THE SAME COLOR. Meanwhile half of HP 3 at that time had different colors...I would have answsered that letter at the time and told that board that when everyone else complies I will too..But being a good neighbor, she complied and had her shutters painted. And I might add the Previous board knew about people that had cats,etc. and DID nothing..but ride up and down courts to "check lights" and now he claims to "count Cars"..I knew when this board took this task on there would be an outcry, but in the long run our HP 3 is looking very, very nice and that can only improve our property values. This is how I see it...

\My life today said...

All right....I'll have my patio repainted. Don't like criticism!