Friday, January 11, 2013

Fine Dining

Lovely experience last night.   I was invited to Annmarie and Joe P's house for dinner and they live fairly close, so I walked over for a little exercise.

Joe greeted me on the street entering his house which was very hospitable...and as I reached the threshold to their door, their two sweet cats were the welcoming committee.   And Annmarie was standing there smiling and I felt expected and welcomed.

I loved the food made from scratch...and very healthy. We started out with hearty vegetable soup that included  just about every veggie that our God created.

  Her asparagas receipe I will definitely make.....in the toaster oven with some oil and bread crumbs...and utterly delicious.  In fact, I was watching Joe in the kitchen, a real artist at work, with his wok...and the aroma was wonderful.  His two hands looked like a conductor performing  with a fine orchestra.

The slices of eggplant parmesan was also fantastic...but what was a big bonus about my meal was their cat was climbing up my leg...and it felt so good...just like a dog...a catdog!

After dinner we sat in the parlor and I looked at quite a few paintings.   This family is so talented...all I can do is admire...I'm talentless.

I looked at some paintings that were minimalized...lots of good colors and then maybe was a small shrub or a little chair.    I would not have purchased those but it was fun to look at.   I was told that these paintings were selling.

About a month ago Annmarie asked what kind of painting I would like to own of hers. I was very flattered that she wanted to put one in my house and I told her a farm....because I still watch 'The Walton's.

About 9 o'clock I said I was ready to leave because they were going to present the painting to me...so beautiful...I would never tire of  the scene.

Joe and Annmarie came over with picture, nail and hammer...and Joe found the perfect spot.

This morning when I woke up, even before going to the bathroom, I  went to the living-dining aarea to view my new picture...painted for me by my good friend Annmarie.

Now I have pictures that they both gave me...and I feel very privileged and happy to own them.

I just keep looking at it.....thanks, guys!    Oh I didn't leave without a container of the soup..which I shall sup while I admire my picture in its beautiful wooden frame.

2 comments:

Jeff.Gordon said...

I think this was your most well-written article yet. I believe you took more time writing it :-)

Jeff

\My life today said...

Gosh, Jeff, you are my severest critiqer...so I accept that as a beautiful comment. Thanks