Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Well-Behaved Canine Citizens

My terrific friend and neighbor Virginia invited me to go to the dog park with her.   I didn't hesitate a heartbeat.   Yes..yes...and yes.

For a brief time I can sit on a bench and  vicariously enjoy the antics of our 4-legged friends.  Miss V has a very new and high SUV...and I'm not new and very short...but I manage to arrange my body to climb into her beautiful cab. 

While we're cruising, lovely classical music is playing and Virginia is explaining to me each and every instrument...some of which I can detect...but others I need help with.

Finally we're entering the park and there's big cyclone fences separating large dogs from the miniatures and medium dogs.

We find  a bench and  look around because there's about 20 little dogs, unleashed, running around and having a great time.

These furry creatures are all well-mannered and look very well groomed.   One black dog came and sat between us and we talked and cuddled him (or her) and we enjoyed so much having our 'doggie-fix' for the day.

A couple of them went directly to Virginia and  I was a tad jealous..but just then a cutie came, sat on my lap, and kissed my face till I was wet.

We stayed about an hour, watching the mammas and the pappas of these furry creatures, that God put on this universe for our sheer enjoyment.

One elderly lady wheeled her dog in a dog stroller.   I don't know if she used this for a walker for herself...or if the pet was elderly also.

Another beautiful dog couldn't run around....every step was an effort...very arthritic...and I sympathized with his pain.

It was a beautiful day.. and one that will linger on in my memory..and on my blog.

1 comment:

virginia said...

a lovely story about our wonderful afternoon...

love you.....v