Monday, July 9, 2007

Jeff and Donna

My grownup children came to visit me over the July 4th week. I anticipated this visit with excited feelings...but I knew that this was their vacation and I wanted it to be so special.



They told me countless times that I don't have to knock myself out...all they want to do is visit me and help me with the computer that they bought me.



I have a tendency to go to extremes...and I try too hard...and sometimes it backfires and you feel that maybe that's not what they really wanted.



Next time I will just listen. Jeff is satisfied to roll out his exercise mat and do a lot of stretching exercises. It makes his back feel better.



Donna who was just recovering from a heart procedure was still healing from being zapped in her heart.



For some reason in this life I have always felt that I had to take control.



And now...after all these many years of my life, I realize that Jeff and Donna will take care of each other and I don't have to worry any more.



It's out of my hands....so I should just relax and be content that they're so much in love with each other and make each other happy..



So...now that the vacation is over, and my house feels empty but with very pleasant memories, I am fulfilled also.



I guess all we want in our lives is for our kids to be happy...because when they're happy...then I am too.



They are moving on.....their next adventure in life is to get a good dog that bonds with them and that they can train.....they're really looking forward to this. We always had a dog...but untrained. If the screen door opened..the dog would bolt. He also b



rked a lot and annoyed neighbors...and he was a thief...he stole Jeff's socks.



Well, Jeff and Donna claim that their dog will be trained by them and he won't have any bad manners.



We shall see what we shall see. Good luck, trainers!

1 comment:

Jeff.Gordon said...

I really loved this post. It makes me feel really good that you realize that we don't need to be taken care of and taken out ... that you can finally give up control.

I am really excited about getting a dog. Today we planned out all the things we need to get done before then.