Monday, July 9, 2007

Doggy days

Jeff and Donna, my grown up kids came to visit me the July 4th week....and I was excited about their visit.

I wanted so much for them to have a wonderful time because this was their vacation..

They told me in advance not to make any plans because all they wanted to do was relax.

Jeff was content to stretch out on his large excercise mat and do his stretching excercises for his back.

Donna was thrilled to be writing programs for my computer to make my life easier .

But I didn't believe them and I went overboard. Sometimes these things backfire.

So...I learned now that I am not in control of anyone's life. They take care of each other and have a good marriage and are very happy.

Which, of course, makes me happy too.

I won't worry again.

Their agenda this week is to adopt a puppy and they're both very anxious about this.

Our dogs always bolted out the front door...barked and aggravated the neighbors...and was a thief and took Jeff's socks....

They claim that they are going to train their own dog...and he will never put them to shame.

We shall see what we shall see! Good luck.

2 comments:

Jeff.Gordon said...

I'm so glad that now you can relax when we come to visit. All we want is for us all to relax, converse, and enjoy each other's company.

And now we have an additional way to bond ... by helping you learn all about your new life with the computer.

Donna of Manassas said...

Yes, we are working on getting a puppy. But first we are doing research. It's mostly on what types of dogs are really not suitable for our lifestyle. So far we have pretty much ruled out a St. Bernard :-)). But we are also looking into how to train the puppy and what we need to do for the transition into our home.