Thursday, July 12, 2007

reading...so much fun!

Even with all our television...tivo in case we don't wish to watch commercials or have missed the program....there is nothing better than reading a good book.

If the author can really write...we become part of the plot and join in the family (the characters) in this manuscript.

IN our minds we try (while we're reading--unbeknowest to us--we're imagining what the author had in mind--or we're actually re-writing it in our minds--so anxious to enter into the mindset of this book.

Sometimes I can't bear it to end....simply because I'm not ready to part with it.

Other times I feel an anger toward the author because I feel that he should have gone into a different direction. I guess that why groups have formed bookclubs all over the world....someone to discuss it with.

Once I get settled with a good book, it's like eating potato chips, I simply cannot put it down.

Actually when you go to the library you'll find there are more authors than ever before....such a bouquet of reading before us.

WHICH TO PICK...WHICH TO SELECT. A decision that I'll live with for the next 14 days. If it's extra good, I try to pass it along to a friend, selfishly so that I'll have some to talk to about it.

When I have something worthwhile reading, I feel a sense of elation ...of happiness within me. And I can honestly say that I've never peeked at the back of the book to see how it ends. That would be cheating myself out of a good time.

I hope that everyone has these same good feelings. I also feel that way about music.

1 comment:

Jeff.Gordon said...

I wonder if there are any online book clubs ... a group you can "chat" with online and share your thoughts and feelings about particular books.

But that probably would cause you to miss one of the bigger aspects of a book club ... the social aspects of meeting the people and discussing/arguinbg about the book.