Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Circus Comes to Town

Why do I write this blog? For me...yes, when you live alone and you have lots of thoughts in your mind, sometimes it's good to put
the words down. It used to be you'd write it in a notepad with a pen. Today, I can type it effortlessly on my computer.

I'm reading a number one best seller "Water for Elephants" and it's sure bringing back a lot of memories. I guess that's what good reading is all about...triggering thoughts.

This is about a circus and I recall when the circus came to town...and the schoolchildren would be dismissed so that we could watch the parade with the elephants leading. This had a sadness to it also. Featured would be people who were born with deformities...dwarfs...people with 2 heads..fat lady..tallest person.


When they were born, their parents knew that this was the only way they could make a living the rest of their lives.

Anyway...all these years later I'm remembeing a highlight of my childhood...and that's good too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm back at H.P. and soo glad
to be home. Sounds like a very
ineresting book you are reading.
Haven't had a chance to read much
Nicholas kept me oh so busy..Following up on that Forgotten soldiers dinner I had gone to in May, I am going to go up
to Boynton Beach in August on a Sat. and help pack the "goodies"
we send to our troops in Iraq. All
volunteers. Will make me feel good
that I'm doing something. Oh how I
wish these young men and women could all come home. Pat

\My life today said...

Oh Pat...it's so wonderful having you back and reading my nonsense blogs.

You really are doing a good deed sending things to our boys and girls in Iraq. I sure pray that they'll come home soon...it's all politics!