Monday, July 16, 2007

And I thought it was going to be a bad day!

When I glanced out my sliding door onto my patio today, I noticed that the hose holder had pulled away from the stucco wall. It held for 19 years and how did it happen to fall out now. I wasn't using my hose even...and so it just gave!

Then as I was emptying my dishwasher, I noticed that a plastic juice glass had fallen thru the rack and melted onto a rod in the back. I tried jiggling it but to no avail. It's glued there. I wouldn't even mind if I thought that it wouldn't affect the washing of the dishes.

But I really won't know until I try to wash another load of dishes.

Then I had an appointment to have my teeth cleaned...and I know that things fall into a pattern of 3 so I was deep in thought as I walked from my car to the dentist's office...and all of a sudden a young man who had just gotten off a motorbike spoke to me. He said what a pretty color you're wearing. My pant suit is a fluorescent green and against my very dark skin, I guess I must have had a shocking effect on him.

Anyway, I told him he made my day....and he really did.

And everything went great in the dentist's chair. Nothing unexpected.

1 comment:

Jeff.Gordon said...

It's amazing how someone can change your day or even your life. They may have no inclination that they've done that. The point to remember is that every one of us can make that change in someone else's life without knowing it.

So when your down and out and thinking you can't make a difference ... just remember that you neveer know if you've ALREADY made a differenfce in someone's life.