Monday, May 21, 2007

Even when they go away--they're still around!

Pat and Mike live across the road from me. We all live at High Point3 and we all live on Nesting Way. But Pat lives in Court A across the way from me.
I feel really comfortable having them live so close...because I know that I can count on them and vice versa.

This is the email Pat sent me





...Nicholas is a chatterbox and doesn't shut up!!!....weather is cool, sunny justbeautiful....have we had any more rain? I wanted to tell you before we left....(maybe I did) I had goneto a cocktail reception at La Cigale downtown Delray one night....it was a fundraiser for "forgottensoldiers"....they pack up goodies to send to our boys and girls overseas....anyway....half of the proceeds from that night went to that organization...there were quite a lot of politicians there and I metMary McCarty, one of the commissioners for Palm Beach County....my sister knows her....she is quitenice....also I met Arthur Anderson, the new election supervisor and his wife, who happens to be aDr....she is very elegant and very friendly.....some of the politicians took turns bartending....anotherman there was Sid Dinerstein, head of the Republican party and there were many Democrats theretoo....It was nice to mingle with them and see who's "real" and who isn't.....I met a young man whomay be running against Klein or Wexler, not sure which one....anyway, he seems nice.....They hadsome sampling of their food, passing it around as hor de hoevres......Didn't care too much for thefood.....I thought it would be French...silly me....it's more of a Moroccan flair and quite electic.....notfor me....but it was an interesting night......I wanted to post this on your blog but never got the chance.anyway....that's it from N.J..........talk to you soon...................Pat


So I thought that was nice and newsy and now I know all about our politicians. I do feel we have a good governor...but time will tell.

No comments: