Sunday, October 7, 2012

When Jeff took a Bride!

The top shelf of my closet on the left hand side holds a big basket.   This container holds special memories for me.

Filled, it contained, everything I would need for an overnight stay at this great hotel on Tyson's Corner in Virginia.

Yep, my daughter-in-law was spreading joy to all the guests who came to see them united in marriage.

Donna is not Jewish, but she studied books pertaining to Jewish beliefs and Yiddish words.   She was very familiar with all our customs.    So much so that when it came to the  breaking of a  glass at the conclusion of the service, Donna broke one too, along with Jeff....and everyone joined in Mazel Tov! 

The wedding was almost 19 years ago in Donna's mom's home in McLean Virginia.   Looking out the window during the wedding, I could see Kenneth Starr's home right next door, the attorney who made all the trouble for Clinton during his last term in office.

But I don't want to dwell on that.   I want to focus on all the goodies in that basket, crackers, cookies, candy, beverages and a notebook with pen.   Donna left out nothing.   Jeff and Donna made us feel like we were all very special people who attended their wedding.

The wonderful memories of this momentous event keeps flooding back to me when I look at the empty basket....that containes all these beautiful memories.   I'd like to mention that the day after they finally met, Jeff asked Donna if she'd like to go to the Smithsonian Museum...and she readily agreed.

So not only do you learn history there, that's where romances are created!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.