Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Will we be just ships that pass in the night

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

Perhaps that's our Virginia who moved in next door...made herself known to all of us....and then announce that she's going to be leaving.

Inside of me...I definitely don't want her to leave...but there's an old expression that if you love someone you must let them go.

So...selfishly I want her to stay...but I want her to sell her home and be on her way....to make life happy for the future folks who will meet her.

I look for her daily visits...a breath of fresh air...but I want the realtor to do his job too.

I'll treasure our friendship...and golly, we can still email.

6 comments:

virginia said...

oh my! I am duly humbled by your kind words.

You, my friend, are the wisest woman I have ever known. You are the best listener I have ever known. You ask wonderful questions, that makes one think beyond the conversation. I love your laugh and the fact that you are genuinely interested in what ever I may say...

If this is our "season" then it will be my best..I am blessed and a much better person for having met you.

v

\My life today said...

Virginia whose comment I'm publishing is a 'knower' of everything.

Be it telephones, computers, tai chai...all the smooth beautiful movements that makes us blood pressure recede just watching her do it.

Anonymous said...

I too agree that "our neighbor"
Virginia will be sorely missed..
since she moved here she has been
a breathe of fresh air to our court
and the community. She's always
willing to help anyone in need and
her personality is infectious. Well
we certainly wish her the best but
deep down I wish she would reconsider moving away, but like
Hilda said, we have to know when to
let her leave.

Anonymous said...

and I must agree with Virginia that
Hilda is indeed the best listener
I have ever met..She has listened
to all my "silly" problems since I
moved here. someone who you can
always count on...and I love this
blog.!!

\My life today said...

I found some unknown comments on this page...and I'd love to know who wrote them.

Would you speak out and announce yourself please.

My curiosity is getting the best of me...and I can't let that happen.

Anonymous said...

Oh, all right...It's Pat..and here
I thought I could remain a mystery.