Sunday, April 15, 2007

Learning to Blog

.Hello everyone, I kinda feel like I'm in kindergarten 101. My kids are guiding my every word so I'm apprehensive about what I have to say next.

I just know that this is one of the greatest experiences of my life and I do feel as though I truly am living in the 21st century. I find it so impossible to believe that this is a living encyclopedia...anything I want to know or I find of interestcan be found on the internet

Now from someone who remembers when her father built a crystal radio set in 1928 with headphones, and listened to the first radio station ever, Pittsburgh's KDKA, this is quite a miraculous accomplishment.

When I was very young I only read the 'funnies' in our daily paper, either the Pittsburgh Press or the Post Gazette. Later New Kensington was able to put out the Valley Daily News. Now Jeff and Donna have arranged it that when I turn on the computer and go to my homepage, Florida's Sun Sentinel is staring me in the face...all I have to do is decide do I want the Front Page, editorials. letters to the editor...or what!!

Or what....the whole world is open to me and all I have to do us pay attention to what's going on around me...and if I do, then maybe when I'm out in company, I can speak intelligently and people will think I'm bright.

I'm not that at all...but this thing does keep one alert. I'd rather be on this than playing cards with impatient ladies, who can't wait until I lay my next tile.

So, for the moment, this Sunday, I have tons of things to think about so that my grown-up smart kids won't find me boring.

One moment please...I found this enchanting little note from Donna, my teacher and mentor.


1 comments:
Donna of Manassas said...
Wow!!! I wish I could write like you. It's funny how I find the computer stuff so easy but writing is so difficult for me. I suspect the opposite is true for you. We each have our talents don't we?Donna
April 15, 2007 8:54 PM


So long for today~

1 comment:

Donna of Manassas said...

Wow!!! I wish I could write like you. It's funny how I find the computer stuff so easy but writing is so difficult for me. I suspect the opposite is true for you. We each have our talents don't we?

Donna