Monday, April 16, 2007

My Migrant Mexican twin boys with blue eyes

It's Monday the day I get to spend some time with two dear little boys helping them with their homework and reading a book together.

They're 6 years old and very bright. Today one came loaded with a big box of chocolate bars that he was selling for his school. The outside of the box that held 60 was Reader's Digest.

We were working on homework and they were to estimate between inches and feet. I don't carry a purse in the school, but I pulled out of my pocket a $5.00 bill to explain to them that this is 6 inches long. Well, when Juvian saw the bill he asked if I would buy some candy. I had no other change with me, and I was his first customer, so I offered to buy 5 bars .. and if they were very good, I would give each of them a bar to take home, to be put in a separate place so that he wouldn't get it mixed up with his salable product.

There was just 15 minutes left in the day to play Legos...but I went up to him and said, why don't you ask some of the other volunteers if they would like to buy a bar of candy.

He was very eager and thought it was a good idea...so he is now an entrepreneur. I bought those candy bars because I remember Jeff and Paul selling candy for scouts and band camp. It brought alot of sweet memories back to me of the days when they were so young.

No comments: