Sunday, August 18, 2013

Instant Love!

Every generation has its own music.   When the women in our pool start singing 70's songs (and they consider that Old) I'm really not familiar with any of them....and that's when I really feel that the 2nd half of the 20th century I missed out on.

Now I was wondering why this is.   Jeff was born in 1952 and I was getting ready for this major event in my life.   Instead of listening to music, I was busy reading Dr. Spock....and he said everything right.   What a baby should be doing at 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months...I just couldn't get over it that babies mature about the same time...it's just that they're growing outside of you, instead of in your warm soft belly.

Jeff made sucking sounds when he was an infant and idiot that I was, I thought he was kissing me....and all the time he was just hungry.

Then he'd fall asleep sucking his bottle..and his good doctor told me to snap his feet to waken him up because he needed his nourishment.

I, in my ignorance thought that I was the only one to have such a perfect baby...I fell In love with him.

Now I realize that all parents to that.   It's natural.   It's what being a parent is...playing, singing, dancing, feeding and changing diapers and clothes.

Yet we all think our babies our so special.....and they are.

No comments: