Monday, July 8, 2013

If it had been reversed, would there be a murder?

In rehashing the Zimmerman case in my mind, I think that this case should be focused on the American Rifle Association, and the crazy use of weapons.

If there was no gun involved, there would be no murder.  I'm opposed to violence of any kind but what happened to a good old-fashioned fist fight.

Traymore Martin would still be alive with a whole lifetime ahead of him, instead of being buried as a teenager.

If Zimmerman didn't own a legal gun, he wouldn't have to sit in a courtroom day after day, waiting to know what a jury of 6 women will have to say about his future.

And I also believe that half this jury should be male because women and men think differently,  

I'm not opposed to feminism since I'm a female myself, but let's balance the table a bit more.

Wherever that expression came from...guns don't kill, people do...is a nonsensical expression

Police officers in England don't carry guns...and their murder rate is significantly lower than ours. 

That should help to point us in the right direction!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you make a point, but a gun isn't the only weapon available

the media and courtroom camera has turned this on into another circus...

no winners in this one except the attorneys