Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our minor twirler!

A few weeks ago in our pool area a very minor cyclone passed through a small area.    I was sitting poolside drying off after having a wonderful splish spash in the pool.

There were about 4 people in the pool and Jane Horowitz standing by a table with an umbrella.  The umbrella just snapped as the wind spun.

The wind was not blowing  anywhere else..   Actually it was very balmy and pleasant...and then, all of a sudden, I heard a whirling sound and I saw the table roll over, the umbrella and a chair  landed in the pool, and Jane was being pushed backwards by this force and staggering to get her balance..

No, it wasn't Star Wars...but it was something that I had never witnessed in my life.

So in a  very minor way, I relate to what happened in Oklahoma  a few days ago.

We were lucky here but when I watch on TV all  the chilling devastation and loss of lives I can understand the whirling, spinning movement of this gigantic tornado.   I don't know how the people start to rebuild.....things can be replaced....loved ones can't.

I wonder if this has anything to do with 'global warning' !   It's just a terrible tragedy.

No comments: