Friday, April 26, 2013

Poking into other people's lives

I think sometimes I'm making myself crazy.   I try to crawl out of my little space here at High Point and enter other people's lives.

I picture them on airplanes going all over the world...whether for business or for sheer pleasure on seeing our world.   That's what most people I think would do if they had a lot of money, along with good health, and a partner to go with.   We are not meant to be solitary beings.

I didn't imagine  that my husband would not be alive at 69...I thought we had years to explore our country...but fate had other plans.

I imagine my kids at work...each one pulling their weight and contributing to what they're being reimbursed for.

I picture Jeff taking the  2 dogs out twice a day for their walk...and Donna preparing dinner.  

I particularly think of my little Shane whom I absolutely adore...I see him about once a week on Skype...and he really is very entertaining.   He just learned to crawl and he's into everything.    I saw him show love...he was hugging his daddy and giving him cheek kisses.    This is worth the whole world to me.   

Everybody is sooo busy and that's good too.   Everyday I turn on the news and there's always an alert of some sort that we have to be mindful of.

When I'm in our pool...I forget everything...and just splish and slash....and that's what retirement is all about.

No comments: