Thursday, April 25, 2013

Nobody ever thinks about this I bet!

Slang words that bother me.   For instance, we hear a lot about psychologists....but they're called shrinks.

Police officers are referred to as cops and that upsets me too. 

Are we becoming too  blasé about important occupations.   When I hear our president referred to as just Obama...it irritates me.   He deserves more.

Now let's take a lowly job...a janitor is referred to as a building supervisor.

A garbage man is called a sanitation worker.  I'm glad that teachers are still teachers in education.

The word 'nerd' also bothers me.   Sounds like a despicable person...but it's really someone who is very up on technology.

A stripper in a bar gets the title...exotic dancer.

A lot of the media today I have to refer to as 'sleeze' because they go on and on about someone's misfortunes.    They'll interview someone in the family who has just lost a loved one...and ask what they're feeling.    These people are still in shock and disbelief and don't need the media breathing on them.

Anyway, we had a toy store...so we were still a merchant.   Glad that the dollar stores didn't exist then.

No comments: