Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm a bit heavy-hearted tonight as I put my thoughts down.   A friend of 21 years is half dead tonight, hooked up to life preserving equipment.    Except  it isn't going to work...she's in a coma and she's brain dead.

She did have a living will, certified, but it's not enough...must have a family signature.    So the hospital can't do anything until her brother comes in and gives his permission in writing.

Her name is Brooke, although I know her as Myrna and I have many happy memories of her.   A good person always willing to put herself out to help you.

She was a very sick girl and woman ... but the irony is she didn't die from any of her operations...she went to the bathroom and fell and cracked her head on the bathtub.

I didn't put it on 63 yet...because she's not living...and she's not dead yet.    Tomrrow I will make the phone call when I know better.

I will go to her funeral to pay my last repects...but her memory will live in my soul forever.  I hope there is a memorial service for her here at High Point.

In the meantime...I have a deep sadness within me.    She was still in her 60's.

No comments: