Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Meet my friends the Siegels!

The guy at the left of this picture is my friend's son whom I have loved since before he was even born. His name is Gary and his beautiful wife is Sue...and with them are their sons Alex and Arthur.
I've always been very proud of Gary....he started out working in the advertising dept. of Leader Newspapers....now he is way up there ... and he's worked very hard to get there.
I saw this lovely family 2 years ago when I went to Virginia to visit my kids...and Gary and his family drove from Murraysville, Pa. to see me.
How I appreciated that. Sue is a nurse and she and Gary fell in love in New Kensington, Pa....and Gary and Sue married when he was being transferred to another state.
Gary is a great sports enthusiast...and almost before he could read, he grabbed the sports page of the newspaper. When he speaks, his voice is so enthusiastic that it makes me feel happy.
I knew nothing about autism until I saw them in Va. and I marvel how well they cope and know exactly how to deal with their very handsome older son. Since then I listen and read everything I can about this dreadful disease and hope that soon a cure will be found. He's very high functioning and extremely bright and please God, the scientists will find out what causes one out of every 150 children to be born with this.

No comments: