Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Don't know what made me do it!

I was talking to my friend Virginia and she was telling me that she got in touch with some of her former schoolmates online...and how much she enjoyed their get-to-gethers and reminiscing.

Well, I can't do that because most of my peers are not on a computer. So I thought and thought who do I want to call. I finally picked a girl (woman) that I started school with and graduated with.

I went to my white pages on the computer and typed in New Kensington, Pa...and there was her number in front of my eyes.

I gave no thought about what we would talk about. She answered and I started the conversation with this is a voice from way out of your past.

This is Hilda Goldsmith....and she screamed...Hilda...how are you....and then we talked for an hour and a half.

We even recited poetry together that we had learned in 7th grade.

It was a wonderful visit....I think I made myself and her happy....and it was almost like the many years hadn't passed all that long ago.

We recalled our families...and how it all was...and that we did get a good education after all.

So...thanks Virginia.

1 comment:

virginia said...

WOW

ISN'T THIS JUST THE MOST WONDERFUL STORY?

YOU HAVE TO BE THRILLED YOU FOUND YOUR LONG AGO FRIEND

I'M SO GLAD I SHARED WHAT I HAD BEEN DOING WITH YOU, TO SPARK YOUR IDEA

V