Monday, August 24, 2009

Julie Childs

Ruth Fagan and I went to see Julia and Julia at the stadium theatre in Boynton Beach...so dark you could almost break your neck. I stuck close to her, I'm so afraid of falling because I suffered lots of mishaps.

Meryl Streep did an excellent job playing her, even was able to capture her annoying voice...sounding a bit like Eleanor Roosevelt. Julie sounded like she had a mouthful of marbles.


..There was lots of chopping, cutting, slicing....grilling...steaming...boiling...and lots and lots of butter... a cardiologist's dream!


It was about 7 when we left the theatre...and you'd think our appetites would have been percolating for something deliciousoso....but no....we went to Boston Market which is just a step or two above McDonald's..

After watching all that gourmet cooking, one would think that we would go to a classier place...but I guess Ruth and I are just simple folk.

. A very sweet young man held the door open for us...and we thanked him for being such a nice young gentlemen.

We made our way to the line where all the food is visible and everything looked really appetizing.

Ruth and I both opted for the meatloaf which looked so good it could have been a filet mignon. ....and we were like kids looking through the glass counter of a candy shop for all the tubs of wonderful side dishes. Such a decision!!!


Anyway..now to pay our checks. Ruth gave me a coupon which took $1.00 off an already inexpensive meal.

Standing directly behind us was the boy who was such a gentlemen with his mom...and we saw she was ordering bundles of food like for a very large family.

We asked if she could use our extra coupon...and she was so delighted...it meant $5.00 off her bill.


Ruth and I gobbled our food hungrily and happy. Our bellies were full and so were our hearts!

We enjoyed our dinner...and also the fact that one good deed deserves another.

We were just ships that pass in the night...but we felt great!

..




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you two nice women to give your coupons away.. I saw the movie
with my daughter, and loved, loved it but now I'm in the mood for beef
bourgione...which I want to make when we get back..Perhaps you can come over and sample it? But Meryl
was wonderful as Julia wasn't she.
What a delightful life she had. I must get her autobiography from the
library when we get home.It was one
of the best movies I have seen in a while, of course a man would say,
a "chick flick"..