Saturday, September 8, 2007

I go through my life laughing!

 

Chicken Soup ..so many books have been written about this wonderful taste..Chicken Soup for the Soul...doctors have even written about it! The soup is salty and keeps you from dehydrating.

Chicken soup, not from a can, reminds me of Friday nights..High Holidays...and when I was sick and felt coddled and nurtured. Maybe that's why the memories are so good.

What does laughter have to do with chicken soup? I don't know...but when I'm happy I laugh...and chicken soup makes me feel happy.

Whether it has matzo balls..noodles...carrots..or just plain...it's soo good.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

virginia said...

ah yes, the cure-all....

another one that my dad always made me when i was sick was "milk-toast"..that was his version of chicken soup..it worked too

would be interested in anyone has ever heard of it???

Anonymous said...

Nope, never heard of milk-toast.
Must be a Missoura thing.......

\My life today said...

Hi...yes definitely made milk toast...it's french toast....very healing and comforting.

\My life today said...

Hi...yes definitely made milk toast...it's french toast....very healing and comforting.

Anonymous said...

Well why didn't you just say "french toast"..that I know, My
kids loved especially with big thick slices of home made bread.
well that was in my Pennsylvania
days and did a lot of baking up
there....