Friday, September 26, 2014

Life's Annoyances

To be denied access to my car for  6 weeks was  a real hardship for me.    It meant having to have friends pick up food for me and some pharmacy items.


I had cataract surgery and was refused permission to drive.    Well, the time finally came and I drove just as far as Winn Dixie which is very adjacent.


While I was shopping, someone put a large sticker on my windshield, the size of a postcard, and it had adhesive on it, which meant I just couldn't just peel it off.  It was advertising.


At home, I got a razor, WD 40 and some cooking oil and worked very hard scraping, and finally it came off.


That evening when I went to use the car, the residue from all that junk was keeping me from seeing...very foggy.


It was terrible.   Anyway, next day Virginia called and asked if I minded if she used alcohol on it to take it off.  My arthritic arms don't work well.


This sweet lady has been so good to me, and I really hated to say yes, but I did, and she came right over with an old dishcloth.


The alcohol bottle I handed her was dated 2003 ... but it worked.   She rubbed very briskly and  it's shining.


She looked at my wiper blades and said they were all worn out...so I got in my car with my dazzling windshield and headed right to Auto Zone.


Now, I think I'm in pretty good shape to start our Jewish New Year.


My car's old and so am I .... what to do.... what to do!

No comments: