Monday, September 1, 2014

I've lived a lot of decades!

Is age only a number?   People like to think that but I don't believe it's true.   I've seen brilliant friends of mine who are showing sharp signs of dementia.   I wonder if these cells ever get to be regenerated.


It's a fact of life that as we age, we lose ability.  Like me, I used to be able to hear better than I do...and when I try to adjust my hearing aids, they whistle, which annoys my friends and me included.


I've fallen a few time, so now I'm using a cane  and I feel more sure of myself.    I've also shrunk since I fell on a cruise ship 6 months ago and broke my back.


But I'm one of the very lucky ones.   I still drive and do my own shopping.   I go to dinner once or twice a week, and when I do that, I bring enough home for another meal, they give such gigantic  portions.


I still can carry on my end of a conversation and people do like to talk to me because I listen to what they have to say.   We don't talk over each other.


I'm grateful for so much...and for living in this electronic world.    Wonder what's coming next.

No comments: