Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tons of Carbs

Once every couple of weeks, Virginia drives me to visit our friend Harriet who is in assisted living.    Most of the residents are also suffering from some sort of dementia.    I feel like a very shallow person because this is not my favorite place....maybe because I think someone might feel the need to visit me there one day.

Anyway, I cleared the date with Harriet and Virginia suggested we dine at Friendly's because they give you a free sundae at the end of your meal.

Who doesn't love ice cream??  It didn't take any convincing for me to say.....okay!

We both ordered a delicious turkey burger, with avocados and tomatoes and the bun was toasted so it wasn't at all soggy.

Along with this feast came mounds of French fried potatoes, very crisp and minus salt.  

We both went to town.  I didn't quite finish my burger or fries because, needless to say, I had to save room for my sundae.
Virginia relished her lunch as much as I did.   Then our charming waitress came over to take our order for the sundaes.    She asked if I wanted whipped cream and a maraschino cherry and I said absolutely. 
   Smart girl that she is, Virginia said no.   

Well this  picture tells it all....and I could barely reach into it, it was so high.   I ate most of the whipped cream but by the time I came to the best part, the ice cream, I was all full up.

Lesson to this....eyes are bigger than stomachs especially when one eye is scheduled for a cataract.

I'm still salivating.

1 comment:

pat sciarillo said...

Love the story. You should write a journal of your life. It would be a great read.