Saturday, July 19, 2014

Little Shane leaving infanthood!

Thanks to Eric, Becky and Skype I'm watching my darling Shane grow.   I'm seeing him develop week by week...and oh, he seems so brilliant to me.
I'd forgotten how important each day is in the growing of a baby.   He responds to everything and is so alert to the world he lives in.   This little self has captured my heart and I want such a good life for him
Memories start flooding back into my mind when Eric says..."how big is my baby"...and Shane stretches his little arms as wide as he can with a big smile on his face.    My own mother used to say that to me...and I said it to Paul and Jeff when they were infants.   Edna Ferber wrote this novel in 1924...and it's still popular, even Sesame Street uses this phrase.




He smiles constantly, happy in himself, while playing with every one of his toys...and some things that aren't his toys, like empyting the drawers with all his clothes.   Then he tries to put them on over his head.


Is this cute or not!   Eric tells him to do pushups and this little darling gets down on his tummy and actually does them.   I couldn't believe he could understand this...or manage this feat.


With a little encouragement from Becky, our Shane selects the book he wants to read and actually looks at the pictures and turns the pages.   I can just tell he's going to be an intellect.


Shane's nanny was teaching him 'sign language' and Eric stopped that in a hurry.  It appears that our little fellow was pointing to what he wanted instead of speaking.   Nanny had good intentions but it was curbing our little one's speech.


Shane got his first haircut and cried like every child does when they first have to sit in the barber chair on their mummy's laps.




As Eric was dishing out ice cream for him, he said pleeease.  He's learning manners.  Every moment is a learning experience for this little guy.




  I loved it.  I even found it very amusing when he threw a little temper tantrum  because Eric wouldn't let him open a door....and this little soul was adamant that's what he wanted.








I  watch all his antics which delights me reminding me how great my life is to be living in this time of high technology.   This little boy ended our visit by throwing kisses at me and waving bye bye.

No comments: