Monday, September 2, 2013

And it always tasted like sulphur


Friday, September 28, 2007


The old water pump!



When I was a little girl, one of the things I really wanted was a water pump.

It looked like so much fun! However, if you took a sip of this water, it had a very strong taste of sulphur.

I had a lot of trouble pumping it because I was so little and skinny..and I guess not very strong. I used all of my strength to lower the handle and get a couple of drops out of it.

Why do I think of this today! Because we're in a boil-your-water for at least 2 days. If we wanted to eat out, can we trust the restaurants to do this? I dunno! Maybe we should just stay home and boil.
Posted by Picasa


The only time I ever saw these pumps was when we would take a drive out to the country. I didn't realize then that this was a real hardship on the folks living in that house.

To me...it was simplicity! Now I have learned better!

No comments: