Monday, September 16, 2013


Friday, February 8, 2008

Sipping my coffee and thinking!

It's hard for me to accept the fact that I'm fortunate enough to live in one of the best spots in our country.

People love to come here during the winter months just to keep warm.

Is this a good thing?? It all depends on what side of the counter you're on.

When we had a business, I would have welcomed them with open arms...maybe ran outside to lure them in.

Now that I'm a customer, it's a whole different situation. I like when they're gone. I like when the roads are empty. I love going to a restaurant and not waiting in line...prices on everything automatically goes up in the winter.

I guess it's called 'supply and demand'.

Am I being selfish? Do I want the sun all to myself? Do I, as the Jefferson's on TV used to say...or do I just want my piece of the pie.

Bottom line is...I wait till Easter and Passover...and then as if by magic...they've flown the coup.

Is this a narrow way of thinking? Yes, definitely, but I get my old Florida back.

No comments: