Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Have I reached my saturation?

I realize I'm falling by the wayside.   I'm not really into Facebook or Twitter.

I'm signed in but I don't really participate.  Perhaps I'd get more readership if  I were more active...but for some reason I'm balking.   Maybe it's because I write a little more on a blog than I would on Facebook.

   I also don't own a I Pod or Smart Phone.

I do own a digital camera and an GPS...but the other stuff I don't know that I need any of it.   I'm considered pretty old now...and I think my technology is as useful as it's going to get.

My Burger family had sent me a Sony E Book but I really didn't like it.  I still enjoy holding a book and turning the pages.   An old expression, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I do have 'state of the art' hearing aids....but I don't hear as much as I should, even inserting new batteries.

I enjoy my skyping with my kids and Jeff and Donna have taken me in their backyard  for a viewing of their lush garden, naming all the flowers that I'm unfamiliar with. 
Donna even went so far to please me that she opened the Blue Jay bird cage...so I could see the mama sitting on her eggs.
Last week they were little hatchlings.
Ain't nature wonderfu



And last week I got to Skype with my baby Kane, and he was so wide away at 11 p.m. that I hated to say good night.   Becky and Eric even took me into his bedroom while they lowered him into his little crib.

I think I'm very fortunate to be able to witness all this.

When I stopped working at the radio station because I was ready to deliver, we didn't even have F.M. yet (frequency modulation)....so primitive.

I learned to drive on a stick shift, but I never managed to release the brake and press the clutch...and as a result, I would shift backwards.

But as I got older....I got a little smarter...I think.  That's up for grabs.
so  far to please me...she opened the Blue Jay bird cage...so I could see the mama sitting on her eggs.
Last week they were little hatchlings.
Ain't nature wonderful.

No comments: