Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our Independence Day!

...I do believe we need a July 4th every year!    Our economical spirits are at such a low ebb for most of us right now...that when we see the brilliant fireworks...it triggers an emotional outlet for most of us that sends our happiness  spiraling.  Then we listen to all the marching patriotic music and this outlet lets us feel that the grand old U.S. is still Number One...giving a feeling of optimism, along with desperation.

Some of us, however, believe that the money spent on all the fireworks could help the people cope whose unemployment has run out.    This does make sense.

We're not number one anymore.   I watched the spelling bee in Washington D.C. on TV and the stars were Indians and Asians.  The culture didn't stem from us.   We've fallen by the wayside.

Technology parts and components for computers, cars, cameras...and I could go on and on...all come from China.

I want and need to feel proud again!    I want our country recognized for what it should stand for.

Not CEO's taking enormous profits and bonuses and then  quitting the firm.      What happened to the word obligation.    Do they not think about the people at all?????

Will we ever get on track again?     I do see small kindnesses all around me...and this I cherish.

Can we make this a nation of kindnesses once again ???

2 comments:

virginia said...

there isn't much left to comment on, you covered it all, i think

times are bad, it is ok to spend to make people happy, or us it to help people survive? if that, how much finally goes to the ones who need it after much is siphoned off by the greedy first?

will we ever be the country we were intended to be?

is there even an answer?

i think we will eventually be a nation of the very rich and the very poor and nothing in between left to support either

dreary prediction....all that is left are the kindnesses you see around you...may that never change

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed you covered it all..we
certainly need some prayers in this country it seems. I can't see buying all this stuff from China and then it is recalled because there is something wrong with it. I say buy American. That's if you can find anything made here, LOL. I do have faith that things will get better though. I have to believe that.