Monday, June 7, 2010

They Walk Among us !

This morning a friend phoned and asked if I would pick up a prescription for her.     I rushed right out but when I got there, it wasn't ready and I was told to have a seat.

The woman next to me was complaining because she had to get up at 7 this morning because her girl couldn't come to walk her dog.

I said that she's lucky to be able to have a dog.    She said she's very lucky.   She lives at King's Point where they don't permit dogs either except under certain circumstances.

She informed me that you have to know how to use the system!

Then she gave kind of a side-ways smile and said if it was between whether she could have a dog or her husband....she would keep the dog!

I love dogs too...but what a statement!    And that's how I started my day!

2 comments:

virginia said...

ACTUALLY I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH HER COMMENT...

IT'S JUST THAT YOU CAN'T FIND A BAD HUBBY ANOTHER HOME, OR TAKE HIM TO A NO-KILL SHELTER, OR PUT HIM DOWN WHEN HE GETS SICK. HE'S NOT SATISFIED WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF FOOD A DAY, AND WOULD NEVER EAT THE SAME THING EVERY DAY OUT OF A SACK......A HUBBY ISN'T ALWAYS GLAD TO SEE YOU WHEN YOU'VE COME HOME, AND YOU CAN'T SMACK HIM ON THE NOSE WHEN HE PEES ON THE FLOOR....

I'M WITH HER, I'D RATHER HAVE A DOG!!!

virginia said...

actually i didn't see anything wrong with her statement...

a husband won't eat the same thing every day out of a bag or can, he isn't always glad to see you when you come home, you can't smack him on the nose when he pees on the floor, you can't find another home for him when he's bad, you can't take him to a no-kill shelter, you can't mercifully put him "down" when he gets sick.

a husband won't mind, he won't sit where you tell him, and won't stop barking no matter what you do and if you let him out the door he usually always comes back whether you want him to or not!

so, i'm with her....