Sunday, January 24, 2010

Company's comin!

It's time again for me to re-activate my house....cause company's comin!    Yep...it's Jeff and Donna and I want everything to be just perfect...but you know what they say about mice and men.

Anyway...time for me to empty out the two top drawers of my chest of drawers.   Donna likes to unpack although they're only staying 3 days....then vacationing on the Caribbean.

My cooking is almost non existent.   I use my George Foreman almost everyday...and I'm happy with the results.

Hard to believe that I cooked for a family and tried to make my meals interesting.   That's why every couple of weeks I invite Harriet over...just to make sure I know how to present an interesting meal...and she most of the time appreciates my results.   Not every time though...sometimes I try to get too creative and I flop. 

Think for their first night I'll bake chicken breasts and make a casserole...everything in one dish.

They're easy people to please...at least they tell me it's good...but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.    I'm only teasing...my grown up kids are very kind and are really helpful.   ] have absolutely no complaints.

Nobody throws a fit....the tone here is harmony.

So...now I have to pray for good weather...but if it's not great, they'll just have to enjoy my company.

Please let the sun come out ... and let strength spring from the rays....after all, this is Florida...our Paradise on Earth! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure everything will be fine. Nice to hear that your son
will be down again. I left the book
on your table, not that I wanted
to leave it and run but I had to
go over to someone's house and it
was pouring..Thanks for thinking of me with the books..It was a great read..Do you remember the name of the book you gave me about
the two chinese sisters? I can't
remember it and I wanted to tell
Gracye about it. She is in a book
club in N.J. and had never heard of
it when I gave her the synopsis.