Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

And it's a new day!

I rarely get to watch the miraculous wee hours of the night unfold into daylight, when the sun comes  peeking through, very softly, and it's the  beginning of another day that our Creator has granted us.

I know this is a poor analogy, but this is how I feel when I first start my computer....very very gradually it lights up. ...into spectacularness!

First I see all the special icons like stars in the sky that my kids have picked for me.. and as I eye each one, it seems to say....pick me, pick me.   I'm here to serve you...whatever you desire!

Then I tap Email......and the top of the complete page forms all the information that has been stored there by the magical computer wizard.
With complete wonderment, I watch all this unfold...and oh yes,  I mustn't forget, it gives a complete yawn when it's ready...or maybe when it's bored with my choices.

Now it's my turn to see all that has transpired.      I'm ready to face a new day.    I have my morning cup of java (not the script)...and I'm ready to read my Washington Post......everything that occurred while I was sleeping.

Although in the wee hours of the morning I somtimes hear Jeff take over my puter......checking everything out......and I look at the clock and my heart breaks because I know he's having another sleepless night.

With my computer, I feel connected to the whole world....and that' why it's called www.

Im so grateful  that I'm living in this time slot......because I'm never lonely.  I recall being so thrilled to go to Office Depot to buy a small wooden desk with a slideout shelf for the keyboard....and then I pounced upon a chair that was adjustable...which is just what I need.   Next a mouse pad....and I was in business.

  Now it was up to Jeff and Donna to give me 300% patience on how to use the mouse..and the keyboard and the icons....never thought I'd get the hang of it.  They explained everything to me...even took it apart so I could see its workings.   A really outstanding service is Skype.   Bought a little camera and every single week I get to visit with my kids for about 2 hours...they sit in two chairs and we see each other and we talk.  Sometimes Bandit, one of their dogs, sits on their laps...and this is a treat too.

You Tube also plays a very important role in my everyday life.   Any song that I desire to hear...it's here.  I feel so lucky!

Everything they showed me was important...but what stands out most is my blog that they set up for me..and that's been such an outlet of my rememberings...kind of makes my life come together.

 And my Hallmark cards that they taught me to make..and I've never bought any since... the receivers of my cards all compliment me.

I musn't forget my little digital camera that I can plug into Picassa photo gallery  and store all the pictures of the people I love and the events like weddings...permanent records of their lives.

Didn't realize that   I would be this enthusiastic about an inanimate object. 

I often wonder if it wasn't for Jeff and Donna...would I still be so interested....and that's a big question....and I don't know the answer!

No comments: