Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Is Life Better Now...I know it's easier

Our ancestors would not even recognize the world as we know it today.   Reading...writing...arithmetic....these don't exist much today.

Lots of our reading time is spent watching real television reality shows or DVD's and not the underwear.

Writing is becoming a shorthanded way with texting...and numbers are all done with calculators ......bringing everything to its exact lowest common denominator.   But I'm not knocking it...thank God for the calculator...I was never good in math...couldn't get the concept of numbers.   Now I know that everything in life has math in it...including the longevity of our lives.  

But life is beautiful and I do appreciate it all...especially having Jeff and Donna moving here so that we could be close.   Those are my good times.   My friends, of which I had many, have disappeared one by one, in numerous ways.

When my husband Allen was alive, we considered taking a drive in our car a good time and stopping for an ice cream cone on the way home...or going window shopping.

When we smiled at people...they smiled back...and it was a good feeling.

Today our inward alert system is ever vigilant watching for suspected terrorists.   Big Brother is always watching.   I don't even watch local news any more since most of it is based on murders.

I'll never be able to understand why a human being wants to take another one's life....or for that matter, have so little disregard for their own life that they're a human bombs.

Our political world in our United States is topsy turvey.   One of our front runners is an imbecile...and the other has lied to us.

But, after all, who hasn't told a lie to make something sound better.   I've even told friends that I enjoyed their cooking when I wanted to gag.    Being kind is everything.

I've wondered if I met someone just like me....would I even want to be friends with me.

Food for thought.

I do enjoy the world today with all its updates and robots...and I wonder what's coming next.

No comments: