Monday, April 20, 2015

And where do we go from here?

They used to be referred to as 'old age homes'...but now we're more modern and call them residential care homes....or assisted living....depending on your style of living and income.

Old age homes are a great option for a retired person or a couple who wants a low-maintenance residence that is also becomes an asset that can be gifted in a Will. Old age homes are generally located in a seniors-friendly housing complex that caters to the lifestyle of the retired person. Each apartment is a self-contained home, offering total independence and takes into consideration the health and safety requirements of senior citizens.

My friends, one by one, are all disappearing,  moving to one of these establishments.  Or else, the end of life has beckoned them and so they're on the other side of the grass.

I've been very privileged to be alive this long but I find it difficult to watch my shrinking world.  

When I moved to Florida, I had more friends than I could handle.   We had one thing in common:  we were from a different area of our country and migrated to this great state...so we became extended family.

Well, my so called geography family has disappeared....but I have a real bright spot.in my life... .my son and daughter in law moved to Florida and they're half an hour away...and for that I am truly grateful.

As for me, I'll stay in my little villa for as long as I'm able.

No comments: