Friday, May 9, 2014

friends, my children, my nephews, grandnephews, and other people who have passed through my life.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A cuppa


Hi...I feel really great...I had a response from Amber, Davi and Steve's daughter before I even wrote it. Just the icon! Now that's great writing...just the blank page.


What I was going to say is wha kind of tea to drink. Iced tea served to me in a restaurant tastes so much better than my own. Don't know why but it's the truth. Last year I was just drinking green tea because it's supposed to have all kinds of properties to build your immune system.


Tea was used for thousands of years .




RitzCarlton features their famous 'high tea'...which I have yet to partake.


When I was little I used to sing a song about Polly Put the Kettle On...and the kids today sing...I'm a Little Teapot...here is my Handle .. Here Is my spout.

THE STORY OF TEA

All tea comes from the same plant - Camellia sinensis - an evergreen, tropical plant with green, shiny pointed leaves that was originally indigenous only to China and India.







Tea drinking spread throughout Chinese culture. By the third century A.D. there were already many stories being told and written about tea and its benefit. The first book on tea, the Ch'a Ching, was written around 780 A.D. by Lu Yu, who had been raised by scholarly Buddhist monks in one of China's finest monasteries.
The three-volume book covered tea growing, processing, brewing, and drinking, as well as the history of famous early tea plantations, and contained many illustrations of tea making utensils.






Peter Stuyvesant in 1650 imported the first tea to colonists in America in the Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam. By the time Britain acquired the small settlement in1664 and renamed it New York, the settlers there were already confirmed tea drinkers, consuming more tea than all of England put together.




TEXT-ALIGN: left">I hope they haven't put lead in tea because every day brings a new event about Chinese products. For all I know the keyboard I'm using to type this, may contain lots of lead. Who knows!!!!!

No comments: