Friday, April 11, 2014

Last night I had a 'gentlemen caller'

Yes, about 10 o'clock last night!   It wasn't a knock on my door...or the doorbell chimes...or even someone squeezing through my window...but, wait, yes it was...on my Windows 7.

This little guy came via Skype.  I rushed over to my computer and was alerted that it was a video caller.

I pressed the magic button and there...in living color...sat my darling little Shane, now 13 months old.

He doesn't remember me, of course, but he was smiling, along with his mom and dad, Becky and Eric.

I was thrilled that they wanted to share their baby with me.   Eric read him books and Shane turned the pages and he was very interested, at least for the attention span of a baby.

I asked if he had ever tasted ice cream yet and they said he loves it.   So Becky went to the refrig and scooped out half a bowl for him and he opened his mouth eagerly waiting for the next swallow....like a little bird being fed.

Eric let him crawl to his bedroom and this little angel (devil) opened his chest of drawers and removed all the clothes...then he threw them all back.   All the while he kept looking at Eric waiting to see what his reaction would be.

Eric kept saying don't do that Shane...but he kept right on with this task and then he went to his crib and pulled out his quilt between the slabs.   He was very busy while keeping an eye on his dad...I'm not sure whether he wanted his father's approval or disapproval.

When Becky went to undress him for bed, he pulled his own shirt over his head.

Well, I was really impressed....and he understands most everything.

He got all excited when they said it was time to brush his teeth.    Becky put a little toothpaste on his brush and baby went to town...loved doing this...and then she offered him a cup of water.   He drank some...and then blew bubbles in the rest.

My big thrill of the evening was when Eric covered his face and played peek a boo....and my baby laughed a big hearty laugh.    I had never heard him laugh out loud before.  It made me laugh out loud too.

I adore this child and feel so blessed to have him in my life...






















No comments: