Sunday, December 8, 2013

My precious little guy

:

 The youngest of our generation came to visit for 3 days, along with his mom and dad, Becky and Eric, both carved out for parenthood..
 
This new little soul, just 9 months old, already exhibits such charm, personality and lovableness that I fell uncontrollably in love with him on sight.
 
Skype is great, but this was the real thing.  This precious  little being was holding my hand, smiling,  and I watched as his whole face turned into a beautiful smile which lit up his entire face and room in fact.  Happiness seeped into me as I stared at baby Shane.
 
Through darling Shane's eyes, he sees a world that is so new to him he's totally focused on everyone, and I feel sure that these sights and smells  find a place in his tiny brain that buries itself  in many compartments of his mind.
  He drinks it all in.
 
No exhibition of crying on his part, only the most pleasantness of smiles in his still toothless mouth that is eager to taste all foods, and many to his liking.   He lets us know by eagerly opening his mouth for the next bite.
Small bites of various food  assortments are placed on his high chair tray as we watch anxiously for the expression on his face as he samples each  morsel.    Almost like feeding a little bird seeds as he takes one by one.
 
I am the great grand aunt of Shane and he follows us around like a little puppy.   As he crawls along the floor, his little tushie moves back and forth and he either gently  lowers himself to the floor again  or he will find a piece of furniture to stand and hold onto.
 
His language of cooing is very understandable.  His parents know exactly what he craves.   He definitely communicates.  When he's had his fill of food, he takes his little hand and bangs on the table....reminding me of Krushav when he came to visit from Russia.
 
I live in South Florida where there's an abundance of senior citizens.   When we took Shane to a restaurant, everyone made a big fuss over him.  Not a person passed by who didn't smile, and that made me feel so good.  They were delighted to see a very young face.
 
I know I'm bragging but Shane was such a model diner, sitting in his highchair and being grateful for any bits of food his parents thought he could handle at this age.
I was amazed at his good manners because I've been in restaurants where screaming children were intolerable.
 
Playtime for this little fellow  is holding his blocks in two hands, stacking them  and then knocking them down again and we all applaud.
 
 But most of all, he's happiest when his  mother takes out his books, right before he goes to sleep at night and reads to him.  She puts him in a quiet sleep mode.
 He sits so still listening and looking at the pages.  Becky also acts them out...hot and cold...loud and soft...in and out....big  and small..and baby Shane listens and looks,  and I know he's absorbing.
 
Eric worries constantly that he might not be getting enough nourishment  because he's so tiny, but he needn't be concerned because this baby lets you know exactly what he wants.
Their visit is over!   Now I am left with wonderful thoughts and memories...and these I will always cherish!
 
Thank you, my grandchildren of my sister, for visiting.   If there is a heaven, I'm sure that my sister Elayne and  her husband Leonard, were watching and enjoying with me
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

\My life today said...








joann Sanger


3:52 PM (6 hours ago)








to me













Hilda that was so beautiful. What a wonderful writer you are. Shane is beautiful and absolutely so pleasant. It is such a joy to see new life down here every once in a while. Thank you for sharing.

\My life today said...


Donna Gordon shared your blog post on Google+

I'm so glad you enjoyed the visit.



It's the little guy!

\My life today said...







Toby Kriss


11:34 PM (22 hours ago)








to me












Dearest Hilda,




I'm so glad to hear you kvell about Shane. We had the absolute same experiences with him at Thanksgiving. He is such a treasure and we can't wait to see him in person again, though that will not be for quite some time.




Like us, enjoy the memories and his smiley countenance!




Love,

Toby

\My life today said...








Virginia Blanchard


9:37 AM (12 hours ago)








to me













i'm so happy for you that they came..you're right, you did need it...better than any doctoring or medicine...




sounds like you bonded with him....too much wonderfulness!

Virginia

Anonymous said...

wonderful, so nice they came to visit and entertain you. He sounds like a wonderful little boy and they are wonderful parents.