Monday, February 18, 2013

Today I reached into my jar of ideas that Donna had so lovingly put together for me to give me fresh ideas for a blog.   I think I've dried up!

It's kind of like a Chinese Fortune cookie except it's a strip of paper with writing on it.

Here's what it said ... were you ever lost as a child and tell about it.

Okay...here goes.  Living in the Pittsburgh area we had a wonderful amusement park (which is still there) and I've always, my entire life had a rotten sense of direction.

I do believe it's a form of dyslexia...I'm directionally challenged.

Well, I was 4 years old and wandered away from my family and found myself in unfamilar territory.  I saw a police office and had sense enough to go up to him and tell him I couldn't find my father,  mother, or sister.   He asked my name...not only did I give him my first name, my middle name, and my Hebrew name...I just wanted to take sure they found me...that they wouldn't leave without me.

So..over the loud speaker system, I heard my name announced and in a matter of minutes, I was gathered up by my loving parents.

Things haven't changed in all these years...I still get lost.

That's why my grown up kids bought me a GPS....and thank, God for it.    I do hear a lot of recalulating...but that's all right....I follow instruction.

Thank you, Jeff and Donna for this wonderful piece of technology.   You made my driving life much easier..........................

1 comment:

virginia said...

that made me smile...

more "jar" please