Saturday, June 23, 2012

I can't handle birthdays!

My friends don't understand this...because they're all getting older too.  I think it's because I would like to freeze 'time'!

I'm happy now...I have some very good friends...and my family is super great!   I can't rave enough about them!

Now I know that a birthday is just another 365 days around the sun ....but then, that makes me a year older.

Anyway I'm so fortunate I live in this time zone of tv's, computers and more authors than any other time in history.   I can still drive a car even if I don't have a sense of direction...I can always ask.   My old Honda still takes me, just like a Mercedes would, anyplace I want to go.  If I want to eat a chicken, I don't need to go out to the shed to slaughter one...and I don't have to milk a cow for fresh pasturized milk.

Everything is here...now...at my fingertips!

What more can anyone ask. I can still digest all foods...and the scale can prove that.  My air conditioning works...and I live in the best spot in the country...Florida.

Oh boy...I've got it all..and I know and appreciate it.

2 comments:

virginia said...

i'm happy that you are happy and so full of gratitude for all your blessings...

isn't that what it's all about?

Anonymous said...

I understand completely but you must concur that your friends don't feel comfortable just ignoring your birthday.so a card is in order and be done with it and that should make you feel ok.