Sunday, April 22, 2012

Frustrated...or is it me???

About ten years ago, hotels and motels came out with a new form of key.   Plastic like a charge card and you insert it in the room you're renting.
Well..sounds good...but does it work...at least some of the time.   I swipe it in the hotel slot in the door...and nothing happens...except for a red light.  Now I know that red lights mean trouble...so I instantly remove.

Now I try again turning the card in a different direction...same story.   I insert the card again and get a green light, but if you don't remove the card fast enough, it shuts off.  And this ritual goes on and on!

Five minutes have passed by now and I feel stupid, plus ..   I have to use the bathroom. 

 Finally another guest comes along and smiles at me.   I return the smile but I guess she can see utter disappointment in my face because she asks, can she help me.

I admit that I'm stuck outside my door.  I can't get in.   She takes my card...does exactly what I did...and the door flies open.

She feels very accomplished and I feel like a real dud.   She probably told someone she helped an elderly lady get into her room and why is she traveling at all if she can't even us a cardkey.

Does this happen to other people too....or is it just me????

Please .. please.. give me my old key back...even a skeleton one will do.












No comments: