Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I like old books...BUT

If you were asked to choose what book, other than the Bible, what book would you select our candidates were asked.

McCain said "Wealth of Nations" because he's been criticized by many for being wEAK in the economy.

Whatever it was, that 232-year-old book, published in the same year that the 13 colonies declared their independence from England, may not be completely up to date on how “the economy of the nation and the world functions.” The financial system of Smith’s time does not bear much resemblance to the one we are stuck with. If Mr. McCain wants to understand how we got into this mess, there must be more current books that he could consult.

It's interesting that in this time of such technology that he would select such a book. I don't believe I'd like him to make my portfolio decisions. Imagine a major industry in those days had a workforce of maybe l0 for a large company.

Wonder what a blacksmith made in those days.

I find it a little strange and it baffles me..so I'll stay democratic.

No comments: