Tuesday, November 13, 2007

no one complains about their portfolios!

It's absolutely amazing to me. When I go to the pool the conversation is not very stimulating.... Look at the cloud formation..do you think it's going to rain...should they cook or go out to dinner....was their game good last night.

Nary a word is being said about our freefall on the stock market. Maybe everybody was smarter than me and put their money into cd's.

I'm in mutual funds...growth and balanced funds...and no matter how diversified I am...they're all going down.

In Charles Dickins time they talked about going to the poor house.

Where is the poor house. Is it the street people? I really don't know.

Or is the poor house h.p.3...because we're living here as cheaply as we could possibly live anywhere.

When we're not driving and someone picks us up, is it right to offer a buck toward the gas...since it's shooting skyward?

I think it is! And when we go to the Boys and we see big bags of peppers and apples and eggplants outside for a buck, should we buy this...or is this their spoilage soon?

Is that like buying food that's reached its expiration date? I need some help on these things.

What to do! What to Do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely I am worried about my
funds. if it keeps going the way
it has, I may have to go out and
look for a job..Between gas, food
and other necessities, we are all
suffering. I think the reason no
one complains about it by the pool
is they don't want anyone to know
how "well off" they are...and there
are a few here that are quite
comfortable. I often wondered they
chose to live in H.P. 3 when they
could have lived at a more "exclusive" address. I guess
they want to leave their "heirs"
a sufficient sum. Me? I say spend
it now while we can...The kids are
on their own. heck I was never left
anything. Ha. Ha...seriously I don't understand some people, squandering their money so they can
leave it to their children who never, ever come to visit them and
wouldn't hestitate to put them in
a home should they start to fail.
such is life. And I share your thoughts on the driver. I think it
would be a nice gesture to offer
the person some $$ for gas or a little something as a token for their driving.