Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Company's comin!

Paul and Barbara, my niece and nephew are coming to visit. I'm delighted, of course, but my culinary skills seem to have gone astray.

We all cooked for families (in our former lives) but what happened to us here in Florida.

I dunno! I watch all the cooking shows and I'm really interested..but then...I don't know what happens.

I get stymed when the actuality comes. I don't know when they're coming in tonight...so many variables...but I'm making an old dish that I made in the 50's.

Baked spaghetti...healthy and good..with lots of celery, onions, mushrooms and peppers.

My friend Ruth loaned me her chopper-uper...it's great but not so good for the palms of your hands. Maybe I'll even be black and blue.

Anyway...Barb wants to play Maj...Paul wants to ride a bike...and I'm trying to coordinate all schedules...and it's clashing in my old brain.

Help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well your company has come and gone. Nice meeting your niece. It
was so nice watching the two of you
in the pool laughing and having a
good time. Don't see too much of
that around here anymore.