Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Tuesday, January 24, 2017


My little house
Sunday, October 14, 2012
When my husband Allen and I looked at this B unit in a villa, we kind of fell in love with it. There was a loft....for escape time.
Two bathrooms which seemed an enormous luxury...one bath and two showers. The drawers all pulled out on rollers....a dishwasher and a garbage disposal.
And in the bathroom a special fan to eliminate any unpleasant aromas.
Now we had a nice hallway that led us to our master bedroom...but along those walls, Allen nailed pictures of our family and our lives. When we were young...and as we grew older.
When we bought new furniture, we felt like we were on our second honeymoon, even to buying a wastebasket. Everything was a thrill.
Allen hired a shelf maker for our bedroom closet to put up more rods. Now I have to call someback to lower those rods...cause I simply can't reach them.
I loved our backyard look, a stable with horses...and I can hear them whinny and naaay...and it makes me feel good...like I'm not in a large city but near the farms.
Back to my hallway, there are pictures of my Mother and my Father not together, my Father was already married to Aunt Helen, my mom's sister My Mother died at 41 and my father waited 10 years to remarry, till both my sister and I got married. They had a good long marriage.The people who I see when I stroll up and down my hallways are My cousin Henrietta and her husband Eddy.,my endearing Sister Elayne....and my dear Aunt Rose and my sister in law, and my mother and father in law. Paul and Barbara's wedding pictures...also Jeff and Donna. Lots of Allen at all ages. And, of course, pictures of my grandnephews Eric and Ryan when they were little. Now they're both married and I must hang up pictures of their brides.
My family....
I've made some good friends here..and my biggiest pleasure is our swimming pool, which is also my social life. We all have one thing in common...we're all transports from another place and another time....so we've kind of become each other's extended family.
Everyone there is happy and splashing and splishing and making their arthritis feel better.
Lots of noodles are used too....very colorful. This is our country club.
If anyone wants to visit me, I have a loft, if you can climb the stairs. There's a queen bed, a dresser and a chair...and a radio.
To me...this is paradise and I'm very grateful that Allen brought me here.

No comments: