Wednesday, October 26, 2016




Tuesday, September 16, 2014


This was written 2 years ago...comments will have to go to hildag3@gmail.com

Thursday, November 1, 2012


Our starter-up home but we stayed over 30 years!




Well, it appears Jeff had a different idea. He wanted his crib in our room, just like it was in our little apartment.
He screamed and screamed ...and then wanted to join us in bed.
Every day I carried him and said this is Jeffy's room...all yours. Your toys are here. We have our room--you have yours.
He still cried for a month. Then Dr. Spock said you just have to let him cry...and don't give in...and finally after 4 days we had peace in the house and the bed to ourselves.
That is, until he learned to crawl out of his crib and he would go to Allen's side to get in and he was never refused.There were many times that I ended up sleeping in the crib because I couldn't sleep 3 in a double bed. Triple beds were rare in those days and it never even entered our minds.
Anyway we had big retaining walls in our driveway and in the back to hold back the 2nd terrace. The street above us was being excavated...and every night after dinner, the 3 of us would go to gather big rocks. To this day the wall is still standing.....a labor of love
.Retirement came and everyone said maybe I could buy Allen an extra couple years down in florida. No more urging...I wanted my husband to live....so we moved....and here I am.
I'm truly glad we made the move...life is so much simpler here..

No comments: