Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

A queen size bed welcomes my body every night,  allowing me to think about what's happened in my life , luring me into blissful unconsciousnesss, my head nesting comfortably sinking into  familiar pillows allowing me to cuddle to myself.   Not to the very edge of the bed permitting me the luxury of not falling, but almost in the middle.   Many of my friends find themselves on the floor.
  

Waking up remembering  that today is Mother's Day and Jeff and Donna were coming over and we were spending the day together.


Restaurants are out for us on this day, notoriously being known as the busiest day of the year letting children and husbands entertain the  joy of releasing mom from cooking and taking her 'out'.


Every eating place is so busy and waitresses are impatient with the demands thrust upon them.


Nope...Jeff and Donna were bringing food to me, served by them, in my dining room...and it was such a feast...a little bit of this...and some of that.   I loved it!


For desert I had made baked apples...the only ingredient I had in the house for this specialty...so deciding this is how receipes are created ...searching my pantry I discovered a can of whole cranberries and a package of roasted, toasted, sunflower seeds.    I had lots of cinnamon and added a tad of sweet whipped butter.


My oven which I rarely use these days was gladly accepting the casserole of this sweet smelling fruit.


After our tummies were full  my grown up children led me into my bedroom where my TV and computer are....and with magic of  WI FI, converted the pictures I had on my Piccasso in my computer, transferring  them to my 52 inch TV.....all in beautiful living color for me to enjoy sitting in my comfortable recliner.


I had such a good time and I'm so grateful for my family.

No comments: